Welcome Friends! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am so happy you are here. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.
My name is Jen. I was born and raised in Michigan. I grew up in the Detroit suburbs. If you know anything about Michiganders, I use my hand as a map, Vernors cures EVERYTHING, I can pronounce words such as Gratiot, Mackinaw and say "Melk" instead of milk. For eight years, I lived in the Chicago, IL suburbs and I loved it. It was a great place to live and experience my 20's and early 30's. In this crazy, unpredictable life, I ended up back in Michigan when my son was six months old and eventually landed in Windsor, Ontario (it's really not that far. There is a river that separates Windsor from Downtown Detroit. I can actually see the Detroit Skyline from my front porch). We moved here in 2016 when my daughter was 2 months old.
My family consists of my husband, Jim and my children, Zach and Laura. Zach is 8 years old and almost as tall as me. I'm only 5'1" so I'm not very tall to begin with. He's so sweet and kind. He's ALL boy. Z loves sports like soccer and running. Laura is 4 years old. Her favorite person in the entire world is her brother, Zach. No one is as cool as Zach in her eyes. She loves to sing and dance. She is a mix of girly-girl and tomboy. Laura will not let anything stop her from trying to do something. If she falls down and hurts herself, she cries for a minute, we kiss the boo-boo and she gets back up to do it again. I admire this in her.
|The Wiggles Concert, 2019|
Finally, my husband, Jim is one of the kindest, most loving men I have ever been blessed to know. I fell in love with him for not only his wit, but his kindness. He was a widow when I met him and he faithfully cared for his wife as she died of cancer. That right there friends is a one in a million guy. He is brilliant (like Aerospace Engineer brilliant. I had to google what that was on our first date!). He teaches high school science and is the Robotics coach. I never knew the big world of Robotics until I met him. I am a "Robotics Widow" for about 4 months into the New Year, but what he does is important. He gives confidence to students to take their minds to new places. They see what they can do for a career. It's amazing.
This blog was created to be a safe place for women, moms, grandmothers, teens, anyone to come to and feel at home. I want you to feel loved here. I want you to feel that you can be yourself in this community.
Fun Facts about me:
- I love Jesus.
- Purchasing and completing Bible Studies and books is a bit of an obsession with me.
- Reading is a hobby I have had since I was a child. (Thank you Mom!)
- Sewing is a passion of mine.
- Coffee is my favorite drink besides water. I am obsessed with Cafe Americanos and Nitro Brew from Starbucks.
- I suffer from extreme anxiety and depression. The anxiety more then the depression but some days are really tough.
- When I am stressed out, I bake lots of cookies, cakes, whatever I feel like creating at that moment and what ingredients I have on hand.
- In my 20's and early 30's, I ran all the time. I have four full 26.2 mile marathons on my belt and I am hoping to run another one in 2022.
- I love animals. Sometimes i think I like them better than humans.
- We had a Shih Tzu named Miss America. She has been my "ride or die" for the past 15 years. God bless her she passed away in June 2021.
- In May 2021, we adopted a Lab/Hound puppy named Shadow from a rescue. She was born in East Tennessee.
- There are 4 cats in my household. All are rescues. Henry, Hiro, Annie and Clarabel. (If you know anything about the children's show, Thomas and Friends, you will notice 3 of the 4 names are names of engines. My son is OBSESSED with trains.)
- Hiro the cat has three legs and I find her to be very inspirational. She will not let a missing front leg stop her from living a full kitty life.
Lots of love to you,
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" -Romans 15:13 (CSB)